Sunday, March 23, 2008

that film...

I don't know if I agree with the boycott of a certain film about a certain thick and ordinary assassin, even if I am repulsed by its distaste. The death of John Lennon has not retreated into the historical fog, whereby the gravity of the event is diminished over time. I guess because Lennon's music and person are so timeless, the fact of his death is piercingly tragic, and felt deeply by at least me to this day.

Will there ever be a time when we can la di da talk about his killer the way we do Lee Harvy Oswald? I don't know, but it certainly isn't yet. The pathetic coward who took Lennon away, should never in his lifetime enjoy the celebrity of his putrid act. I won't mention his name, nor will I promote the tasteless and (by most accounts) boring film depicting his crime.

It is fitting that the writer/director of this film is a nobody and its stars are the world's biggest douche-bags and wastes of oxygen. Don't boycott this film, it's not interesting enough to merit some organized mass-not seeing. Just don't go out of your way to see trite, simple-minded trash.

Here's a trailer for a far worthier subject:

No comments: